Seth Hogan's Testimony

I grew up in a non-Christian home. I believed that there was a God, but did not know Him.

"He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life." 1 John 5:12

When I was 12, my dad worked at a prison and was invited by the Chaplin to attend his church. I went to church on Sundays, but it did not impact my life. One day when the pastor was preaching about Hell, I finally believed and knew I was lost. Sitting in the pew, I prayed and asked Jesus to be my Savior. I did it out of fear of eternity in the lake of fire.

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom" Psalm 11:10a

But as time went on, I wanted Jesus to be my Lord because I loved Him, not just because I wanted to be saved from judgment.

"We love Him because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Now I trust Him and lean on Him every day. He is my Rock. I take great comfort in the fact that I am going to Heaven, and that my salvation is secure.

"In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory" Ephesians 1:13-14

- Seth Hogan, Director Teen Camp

Comments