A Life Well Lived! A Tribute to Midge Northrop

On April 30th, we marked the passing of a life that was part of the first generation of Camp's ministry, namely Midge Northrop. She was born in 1918 and went home to be with the Lord on April 14, 2016. She trusted the Lord at age 13 and faithfully lived her life for Him. She was always a wonderful friend and supporter of Camp Li-Lo-Li and worked tirelessly behind the scenes. She will be greatly missed but the impact she had was eternal.

Our dear sister, Midge also loved to write poetry and this one was read by her grandson, Nathan at her memorial service.

SATISFIED

Each day as I walk with Jesus
In the shadow of His love,
I am blessed beyond all measure
With the help He gives from above

Day by day He sends new mercies,
He works all things for good;
His promises never fail me,
They the test of time withstood

And in the day of trouble,
Every burden He does bear,
When I lift my heart to Jesus
And call to Him in prayer.

His eyes are watching o're me
In whatever path I take.
He will never, never leave me,
Nor will He me forsake.

Each day the outlook's brighter
With the hope of what's ahead;
We'll praise the Lord forever,
For the ways in which He led.

What a future lies before us
When all tears are wiped away;
To our loved ones all united;
For God's long eternal day.

When I fall asleep in Jesus,
Then awake close by His side;
In righteousness I'll see His face,
And I'll be SATISFIED

Psalm 17:15 - "As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness.
I shall be SATISFIED when I awake with Thy likeness.


Comments

  1. This Poem is beautiful and I did not have the honor of knowing her but her words show what a beautiful person she was.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment